Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week Eleven

I have had the roughest weekend ever. Worked 10-2 on Friday and Saturday. Friday I had rehearsal from 5-10 for Camp Adventure Dessert Fest and Saturday night I had to babysit from 5-12. It was the longest weekend ever.

At Camp Adventure training, we have been practicing songs and skits to perform for our parents at Dessert Fest. We do this to show the parents what we will be doing this summer as camp counselor on different military bases around the world. I have gotten to see a few skits that I am not in and the visuals we use are amazing. They do a Nemo skit that is "underwater."



The lighting and scenery they used made it feel like you were actually underwater. With the scene set, it made the whole skit seem believable and interesting and funny.

In high school, I was in the Drama club and I remember always work on build the set for the coming production. If we didn't have a set that matched the play, it wouldn't work at all. A set helps make the audience feels as if they are there, in the scene. They feel connected to the character and are able to visually see what it would look like. It's amazing how visuals can make or break a whole production.

No comments:

Post a Comment